Thursday, July 19, 2012

OH Drought and Yet Abundance

Now experiencing 3 eggs a day!  from the Barred Rocks.  They are my happy cackling hens!  Always happy to see me.  The Buffs are still developing.  Patiently waiting until they can be introduced and join the Barred hens.  The Red Golden chicks are living with the Buffs is a peaceful environment. Looks like I have 5 roos and one hen!  Gonna have to go to market with that many roosters.  I'll more than likely keep the hen.  We are still in need of rain.  Might affect the hay this year.  With the drought going on.  Right now the forecast is calling for rain.  Hopefully that will happen.  The garden is doing okay.  The Ambrosia corn is soooooo sweet this year dispute the lack of rain! 

Still having some opportunity lining up an Amish trainer welling to break the 2 year old fillies here.  it might come down to me, a green horn.  Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment